Thursday 21 January 2010

Laura Cherry: My week placement at Dance4

So as I am approaching the end of my week placement at Dance4, I am just going to take the time for a reflection of my valuable experience here. Since I arrived on Monday, I have been swept off my feet and really impressed with the amount of hard work and creativity that goes into the organisation of Dance4. It really made me fully aware of exactly how much effort it takes to run an organisation of this scale. Being in my final year of dance performance at Middlesex University, the placement has been really beneficial as it gives a real eye opener as to what goes on in the professional world and all the hard work behind the scenes of the productions. The staff have been extremely welcoming and have given me support whenever needed. I have been really busy organising several things for the performances this weekend hosted by Dance4 at the brand new Nottingham Contemporary. I have been creating and printing programme notes, liasing with artists, calling guests for attendence, and helping with the box office at the weekend.As a fan of experimental dance, I am particularly excited to be working on the show for artists such as Wendy Houstoun and New Art Club. On my return back to London, I feel that I will be taking back a really insightful and beneficial placement which will hopefully aid the knowledge of my future career in dance!

No comments:

Post a Comment