Monday 1 February 2010

Exciting times!

Hello!

So it's been a while since I last blogged, and so much has happened! The platform at Nottingham Contemporary was fab, what a great space and an interesting building. Wendy Houstoun's Keep Dancing, brought the space alive with striking imagery and witty humour. A very mesmorising piece with layers of depth....I could have watched it for hours. Although, my favourite piece of the weekend was New Art Club's Big Bag of Boom. Just a big giggle the whole way through. It was great to see a mixture of work from previous pieces, and I love the audience interaction. It's makes me feel like I want to join in (especially when Pete is doing his crazy eighties dancing - classic!)

This weekend was also a busy one, as Vanessa and I travelled to Leicester to meet applicants for the YDE Stride! programme. The young people turned up with bags of intelligence and enthusiasm - which was fab!! They will all be joining us on the jam packed residential in April where they will learn lots about careers in the dance sector and get to meet some very experienced guest speakers.

Next weekend... well you should already know...episodes10!! Very exciting times for us here at Dance4, so we hope you will share our enthusiasm in all that is happening!

Keep you posted,

Kirsten x

No comments:

Post a Comment