Thursday 22 July 2010

Dance4 office male population in decline...

Today is one of those days where one chapter ends and another opens within my life. OR in other words, its my last day at Dance4.

Yes today is my final day in the office and tomorrow I will be graduating, praying that I don’t trip over in my robes in front of a lot of people!

I have had a wonderful time here at Dance4 and would like to say a massive thank you to Claire and Paul and everyone for giving me this amazing opportunity. Everyone here has been so welcoming and friendly and it will be sad to leave. I’ve never worked in an office before, and the first few weeks were a bit bizarre. Too scared to answer the phone and then when I did, how do you transfer a call? Where is the printer, in fact how do you even print? Then there is all the tea. I work in a very busy bar and even I could never keep up with the enormous rounds of hot drinks required to keep this small but incredibly important office ticking over.

However this all soon past and soon I was neck deep in all things Quake which I absolutely loved. Working on this project allowed me to gain invaluable experience of the industry, all the stuff they don’t teach you at Uni! The night was a complete success and all the positive feedback we received confirmed to me that this is what I want to do with the rest of my life.

So what now? Well after tomorrow I plan to go back home in Devon and spend some quality time relaxing and catching up with the family. I hope the weather holds out! Then in September I’m going back to Uni as a postgraduate student studying on the Cultural Events Management MA at DMU, so I still get be a student for a little while longer!

Right, so now its time to say goodbye properly and to once again say a massive thank you to everyone at Dance4. Good luck with all the up and coming projects guys and you will definitely be seeing me soon!

Lewis

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment