Friday 24 June 2011

Last day in the office before Dance4's GTP 2011

Hello to all readers,

Natalie here, I wanted to check in because I feel today is an important day. Today is my last day in the office before Dance4's Graduate Training Programme 2011 begins in Northampton.

Leading up to the project I have been working with another Dance4 member of staff to manage and produce the Graduate Training Programme 2011. I have enjoyed preparing and developing documents from the application selection forms to information packs, supporting the dancers attending the programme and making decisions on the smaller but as important details.

Leading up to the programme I have had the opportunity to go and view The Core at Corby Cube where the performance for the programme will take place on Friday 8 July. The event is entitled ' Springboard 2011' and I have been involved in varies areas in supporting staff in managing the event.

Other fun things include delving into Dance4's vintage wardrobe with both hands to sort through and send off a variety of t-shirts that Dance4 has collated over the years. I have also had a technical lesson that involved alot of cables and mics to create surround sound. The equipment is for the Graduate Training Programme 2011 and fingers crossed I can remember everything I was taught. Ha!

During the programme 11 other artists and I will be working with Dance4's Associate Artist Robert Clark to form Dance4's Graduate Company 2011. We will be performing in Springboard 2011 on the 8 July at The Core, Corby Cube.

Please visit the blog regularly to read updates on our progress (including all highs and lows) throughout the programme. Our schedule consists of practical and theoretical sessions, with a physio only a phone call away!

For any future interns out there, I definitely recommend applying for the internship here at Dance4. I am confident in saying that am starting to speak the language of the glorious Microsoft Word and Wordfly. I have had the opportunity to develop my administrative skills and I have really enjoyed working within the dance sector and being involved in the many exciting events, performances, courses, classes, opportunities that are happening here in the East Midlands.

An experience not to be missed. Watch this space...

Natalie - Intern

No comments:

Post a Comment