Monday 14 June 2010

Miriams First Day as stamping ground intern

Hello I am Miriam Prever and I recently took part in Youth Dance England’s Stride which is a programme that helps young people passionate about dance, learn and explore career opportunities within the dance sector. Dance4 helped the other Stride members and me to learn about appreciating a performance because there is more then just the dancers -
there is the lighting, music and all the pre and post show events etc. I am doing my Gold Arts Award as part of YDE Stride and my placement finds me organising a dance tent as part of Dance4’s stamping ground at Eastwood Family Funday on Saturday 10th July 2010. The Funday is being organised by Broxtowe Borough Council.

First day at the Dance4 offices. Very exciting and my first time working in an office environment. It seems really friendly Today I am working on contacting companies I would like to perform so I can put my programme together. I am also working on the Stamping Ground Event Sheet, looking at the staffing document and looking through the workshop risk assessments which I will need to have with me on the actual day(Saturday 10th July) to tick off all the important safety aspects needed to make performances and workshops run smoothly.

This is a fantastic opportunity and I am really excited to plan the day and for the actual day itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment