Tuesday 17 November 2009

Nottingham Contemporary

Hello!

So, I went to see Nottingham Contemporary on Saturday...and...I loved it! The space was so beautifully airy and light. The windows framed the surrounding area of the city so well, and they invite passers by to observe the art, the building and the people inside it. The David Hockney collection of work was brave and bold, but my time was mostly spent observing the work of Frances Stark. I found her work textually fascinating and the detail in her work could keep me interested for hours.

So what else is new?

Well, Sarah and I have now devised a Friday Feeling feature on Dance4's facebook pages, where we will be interviewing one person each week who enters our building. Check it out - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dance4/33998758177#/pages/Dance4/33998758177?v=app_2347471856

As Helen mentioned my time is now being taken up learning numbers! Yes, so far I have had the pleasure of VAT. Something that I'm not usually familiar with, but I think I may be getting there? (slowly!)

And...we also have a new teapot! Courtesy of Miss Becky Bailey (AKA Marasaki for some of us!) Our love of tea goes on. We also had a MASSIVE box of chocolates, however, they seem to have disappeared already..hhmmm...???

The sun is shining in on the Dance4 office and people are looking fresh and sprightly this morning. Everyone is getting to grips with a exciting new programme, and are looking forward to new arrivals in the office very soon.

That's all for now folks.

Keep us updated on what you're up to on our facebook pages!

Kirsten x

No comments:

Post a Comment