Tuesday 3 November 2009

CA - Part One: Before

It’s just over a month and a half since I started at Dance4 as Creative Apprentice. And it’s just over a week since the end of nottdance09. Strange that. So much has happened in my time here that it seems a little bit weird to try and sum it all up in blog entry.

While I’m sure you’d love to hear about my first couple of weeks, and how I majestically learnt how to deal with a stubborn printer, how I ceremoniously used a franking machine by my own accord, or how I (semi-) mastered the art of the tea round (all very impressive, I think you’ll agree), we’ll stick to the good stuff. The meaty stuff. nottdance09.

Right now, the office is pretty still, oddly still; my only real experiences of working in Dance4 are a flurry of new names and faces entering the place, artists from around the world in the studios rehearsing, dates and meetings flung into my (seriously) tiny diary, people in and out delivering props, branded material and the like (umbrellas anyone?).

Some of the most interesting things pre-festival, were simply having the artists around. One of them using the space asked for our musical suggestions for his piece, and after having a sharing, a couple of tracks were definitely recognised (a proud moment for all involved…).

Helping/shadowing the orchestration of other projects and working on licensing were (probably secretly, definitely geekily) enjoyed by yours truly. It was also kind of comforting to know there were other people out there who had my obsession with lists. These things were flying everywhere.

I feel pretty lucky and extremely thankful. Soaking up everything I can, and learning as much as is possible, is why I’m here after all. And I like it.

Your Creative Apprentice,

Sarah X

PS – I apologise for all the brackets. Be prepared for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment